1. Can I bring my own food? Yes. We try to provide multiple options so that you can chose an option that best fits your needs and saves you money. The per meal, per person cost is as low as we can get it. That said, we understand some may choose to provide their own food. We would ask that you defer seating in the eating area to those who have paid for the meals, but depending on the number registered, we would like to provide additional seating for those bringing their own food.
2. What type of food will be provided? Our intention is that the lunches will all be catered by franchises you would likely be familiar with, such as Moe's Southwest Grill, Jason's Deli, Papa John's Pizza, Chick-fil-a, etc. Dinners will be catered by the seminary and the quality is very good. The seminary can provide a limited number of custom meals for those with food allergy issues, so please provide details of those needs on the registration form.
3. What is The Legacy Hotel like? The on campus hotel is very comparable to a Hampton Inn or Courtyard by Marriott or a similarly priced hotel. There is a daily cleaning and linen service. The feedback we received in past years was that conference attendees who stayed at The Legacy were extremely satisfied with the lodging. Prices range from $82 per night plus tax for a single to $115 per night plus tax for a junior suite. Legacy Hotel Website
4. How do I make a reservation at The Legacy? Call (502) 736-0600 and refer to Group ID# 87181. You will pay the hotel directly for lodging costs and will have to reserve the room with a credit card. Expenses will be paid when you checkout. After June 4, 2017, any unreserved rooms will be released to the general public.
5. What is Laws Lodge like? Laws Lodge is comparable to a Super 8 or Comfort Inn or a similarly priced budget-conscious hotel. Linens are provided and maid service is provided every third day or upon request. Rooms are all set up for an occupancy of 3, and the price for all rooms is $64 plus tax. There are twin rooms and queen bed rooms. Laws Lodge Website
6. How do I make a reservation at Laws Lodge? Laws Lodge is within reasonable walking distance of SBTS on a nice day or is a very short drive. Call (502) 992-0220 and ask for a reservation under the RBCL Family Conference. All rooms are $64 plus tax. Expenses will be paid when you check out. After May 26, 2017, any unreserved rooms will be released to the general public.
7. Are there other places to stay close by? There are no off-campus hotels within walking distance of SBTS as the seminary is located in a beautiful residential area of Louisville. There are numerous hotels in downtown Louisville which would be no more than 10 minutes away. There are also hotels off of I-64 at the Hurstbourne Parkway and Blankenbaker Parkway exits which are more like 15 minutes away. These will likely be cheaper than downtown.
8. Can I register online? No, we have selected to do this the old-fashion way for a couple reasons. Most importantly, we have worked hard to keep the cost of this conference as low as we can while hopefully providing quality food and facilities. Online registration with online payments would add to that cost as there would be transaction fees of approximately 2.5% on each registration. The second reason is that our website capabilities are somewhat limited (primarily due to our organizer's lack of computer experience!) and we feel more confident in processing payments and tracking those payments through mailed checks.
9. How do I register? Under the Registration tab on the navigation menu, you will find a downloadable pdf of the registration form. Print that form off, fill it out and mail to the address indicated along with payment. Please fill out the email address line as we hope to communicate through email more details as the conference dates get closer. If you are not able to print or download the form, use the Contact Us tab to email us and we will email you the form as an attachment to our response. The registration deadline is May 26, 2017. Discounted registration rates are available until April 30, 2017.
10. Can I cancel my registration and have money returned? You will be able to cancel your reservation anytime before the May 26th deadline and receive a full refund. Due to the fact that shortly after registration ends we will be placing a firm food service order, we will not be able to refund the fees after the deadline. If you have reservations at The Legacy or Laws Lodge, you will cancel your room reservation directly with the hotel.
11. Will there be planned activities between sessions or after the evening sessions? Yes, although the schedule has not been finalized, it is our goal to plan several events such as a congregational hymn sing in Alumni Chapel (if you attended last year you will understand the joy of singing with brethren in such an acoustically well-designed chapel), an ice cream social, a field day and separate teenage and singles gatherings in the evenings. We will be updating the conference schedule as we work out the details.
12. Are there lodging options for adult children or single adults? We are not going to be using the dorms at SBTS this year. Rather, we will have reservations available at Legacy Hotel and Laws Lodge. The Laws Lodge (particularly the twin bed rooms) may be the most cost-effective option for single adults, especially for those looking to room together. If you are searching for a roommate to split the lodging expense with, please contact us and we will help you connect with others who have requested similar help.